This show deals with a serious subject for our community – the opiate addiction crisis. We have dedicated this entire show to talking with community members that have been impacted by it, and are making a difference. This is a heavy topic, but it is something that has affected all of us in greater or lesser ways.
We are Volunteer Powered Community Radio, and you can support us with your donation at WFHB.org
Our show includes:
- Jeff Tryon shares a piece recorded in October 2017, “You can’t handle the truth”.
- Dr. Laura Hammack, Superintendent of Schools, and Melissa Tippits talk about the origins and work of the Brown County Drug Free Coalition.
- Joe Bollinger shares his original song, Baker Allen’s Blues.
- Dave interviews a group from The Recovery Community, that work with the Drug Free Coalition.
- Amanda Webb shares her thoughts, and her song “Sailing”.
- The Treatment Community join us, including Centerstone and the BC Health Department.
- Dave Seastrom shares his personal story about his daughter, Lodi.
- Kenan Rainwater, along with Barry Elkins, perform the John Prine song, “Sam Stone”
Hosted by Dave Seastrom, Pam Raider, Vera Grubbs, Chuck Wills, Jim Lemon, and Rick Fettig.
First aired Sunday, May 5th, 2019 at 9 AM on WFHB
✇ Theme music by Slats Klug & Friends.