Happy New Year from the hills and hollers of southern Indiana! We feature original music from several local artists this month – Cari Ray, Chris Dollar, and The Hammer & The Hatchet – along with stories and interviews from authors and local experts on a variety of topics.
Did you know you can subscribe to our Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher?
We are Volunteer Powered Community Radio, and you can support us directly at WFHB.org . Your contribution insures this program stay on the air.
Our show includes:
- Cari Ray talks about writing her new song “Born To Shine”, and sings the song for us.
- Local author Rachel Perry shares her story “Caveat Emptor”, about painter TC Steele.
- Jon Kay, a professor from IU, talks about Folk Arts and Creative Aging.
- Dave Simcox talks about Lake Monroe and a January 14th meeting sponsored by the League of Women Voters.
- Chris Dollar sings his song “Wishing Well” live in the studio.
- Jim Eagleman brings us “Fall Work”
- Dave Seastrom is a little batty about wildlife.
- The Hammer & The Hatchet sing “Bailey’s Small Engine Repair”.
Hosted by Dave Seastrom, Pam Raider, Vera Grubbs, Chuck Wills, Jim Lemon, and Rick Fettig.
First aired Sunday, January 5th, 2020 at 9 AM on WFHB
✄ Engineering & post-production by Chuck Wills and Jim Lemon.
✇ Theme music by Slats Klug & Friends.
Our cover photo courtesy of Chuck Wills
Our Story Slam Podcast, and this episode are sponsored by The Brown County Inn