Hosted by Dave Seastrom, Cari Ray, Pam Raider, Vera Grubbs, Chuck Wills, and Rick Fettig.
First aired Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 9 AM on WFHB
The month of June brings hikers, bikers, kayakers, and all manner of folks to the hills of Brown County. As we’re getting ready to bait a hook and enjoy the sunshine, let’s tune in for an hour and hear from some of our friends. Amanda and Brian Webb have a great new album “F4” that’s locally recorded and produced. Dietrich Gosser from Brown County Inn shares a lot of exciting and delicious news. We have poems from award-winner Nancy Chen Long, and an update on Stonehead from Mike Kelly. Lastly, we remember our good friend Chris Curtain, who passed away last month.
We thank you for being a supporter of our show and public radio. You can show your support with your financial contribution at http://wfhb.org
In this episode:
- Amanda and Brian Webb join us as our musical guests “The Amanda Webb Band”, sharing 3 tunes from their new album “F4”
- Dietrich Gosser from Brown County Inn talks about their Sunday Farmers Market, “Farm to Table”, and local music.
- Nancy Chen Long, a local poet, talks about winning a national award in poetry, her new book, and shares a poem with us.
- Dave Seastrom talks about hikes through his favorite woods
- Mike Kelly joins us to discuss the Stonehead Nature Conservancy, and their upcoming events.
- We remember our friend and contributor Chris Curtain, who passed away last month. In his memory we offer one of our favorite pieces of his “Electile Dysfunction”
❀ A tip of the hat to our underwriter, The Indiana State Fingerstyle Guitar Festival, which takes place July 28 at Brown County Inn, and July 29 at Brown County Playhouse.
✄ Engineering & post-production by Chuck Wills.
✇ Theme music by Slats Klug & Friends.
☞ Also available for downloading/streaming at WFHB.org