Hosted by Dave Seastrom, Cari Ray, Pam Raider, Vera Grubbs, Chuck Wills, and Rick Fettig.
First aired Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 9 AM on WFHB
Happy Independence Day Brown County! The radio show gang is back with a show packed with music and wildlife. We make the acquaintance of our new feathered friend, Simon the American Kestrel, from the Raptor Center. Local legend Lou Stant shares his creative process and 4 songs. Jayme and John from The Hammer & Hatchet show up for a This Old Guitar story. Mike Bube and Nancy Chen Long join us again, and Jim Conner talks about mushrooms.
We thank you for being a supporter of our show and public radio. You can show your support with your financial contribution at http://wfhb.org
In this episode:
- Lou Stant is our musical guest, sharing songs from two of his albums.
- Laura Edmonds and Simon the American Kestrel join us from the IN Raptor Center.
- Nancy Chen Long, a local poet, shares her poem “The Embroiderer”.
- Dave Seastrom talks about trash.
- Jim Conner, local mushroom guru, fills us in on all things fungi.
- John Boyer and Jamie Hood share a This Old Guitar Story about a Gibson L50 from John’s youth.
- Nancy Chen Long shares her poem “The Embroiderer Mette Gauguin”.
- Mike Bube’s false teeth!
❀ A tip of the hat to our underwriter, The Indiana State Fingerstyle Guitar Festival, which takes place July 28 at Brown County Inn, and July 29 at Brown County Playhouse.
✄ Engineering & post-production by Chuck Wills.
✇ Theme music by Slats Klug & Friends.
☞ Also available for downloading/streaming at WFHB.org