Hosted by Dave Seastrom.
First aired Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 9 AM on WFHB.
☆ In this episode of the Brown County Hour:
- This episode was specifically structured to fit in with WFHB’s 2013 Fall Fund Drive. While the show is a bit shorter in length than usual, it’s not short on exciting content, featuring four songs by Brown County’s own Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band, plus the first of a two-part interview with the Rev by BCH co-producer Dave Seastrom (part 2 will air in November)
- Brown County State Park Naturalist Katie Kogler shares some important info about stream ecology
- BCH regular Tramp Star returns with a poem entitled Squire Lute Weens
- Christian Freitag, Executive Director for Sycamore Land Trust, and Communications Director Katrina Folsom give us some background on the group’s activities protecting woodlands in south-central Indiana, particularly the new 600-acre Laura Hare Nature Preserve at Downey Hill in Brown County
- Pam Raider visits our local Bean Blossom Farmers Market
- Dave Seastrom shares his memories from his days as a BC school bus driver
- Lee Edgren interviews the BCH crew members involved in the 2013 BC Outhouse Race (we won an award!)
☞ Also available for downloading/streaming at WFHB.org – Brown County Hour