Hosted by Dave Seastrom, Cari Ray, Vera Grubbs and Rick Fettig.
First aired Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 9 AM on WFHB
☆ In this episode of the Brown County Hour:
We’re doing something a little different this time around — issuing our first-ever retrospective, covering all six years of the show’s existence. After an extensive review of our first 51 episodes, we’ve stitched together a patchwork quilt of some evergreen performances by the BCH crew and the guests who have graced our program, including:
- An extended interview with none other than Chad Carrothers, the former GM of WFHB and the man who, along with BCH founder Pam Raider, nurtured the Brown County Hour into existence
- Our very first segment/comedy sketch, ‘What The Hell’, featuring Carol Conner and Patty Peaker, with music by Marti Garvey
- Pete Sebert’s classic interview with Steve Miller
- Geoff Kellor and Laylee Witt discuss ‘The Frogs & Toads of Brown County”
- Bird Snyder shares a bit of his mushrooming wisdom
- Dave Seastrom‘s very first essay on the show, ‘The Lay of the Land’
- Rick Fettig interviews Nashville mayoral hopeful Tim White, dishes up his views on “Some Sex Marriage’, and promotes his latest get-rich scheme, ‘Hillbilly Love Potion’
- all topped off with outstanding encore musical performances by Rev Peyton, Carolyn Dutton, Robbie Bowden, Barry Johnson, Hamilton Creek and Bob Lucas.
❀ A tip of the hat to our underwriter, Plum Creek Antiques, located on the corner of State Roads 45 and 135 in Bean Blossom.
✇ Theme music by Slats Klug & Friends.
☞ Also available for downloading/streaming at WFHB.org