This month is a celebration of Brown County Legends and national recording artists, The Stringbean String Band. We had Robbie Bowden and Dave Gore in the studio to share their stories and songs. We take a look back with them through the 1970’s music scene… and all the way back to the story of how they met. We share five of their songs – three recorded right here in the studio. We hope you enjoy this look back with the friends and characters that make Brown County such a special place.
We are Volunteer Powered Community Radio, and you can support us with your donation at WFHB.org
Special thanks to our sponsor for this episode – The Indiana State Fingerstyle Guitar Festival
Our show includes:
- Dave Seastrom and Rick Fettig interview The Stringbean String Band members, Robby Bowden and Dave Gore. They share these songs live in the studio.
- “A Good Way To Die” From “The Liars Bench” album, by Slats Klug.
- “When The Sky Won’t Rain” From the “My Brown County Home” album, by Slats Klug.
- “Down Home Folks”, written by local legend Dickie Jones.
- Vera Grubbs interviews artist Moique Cagle.
- Jim Eagleman sings to us about Crawdads!
- Dave Bartlett tells about the Career Resource Center and his retirement.
- The Stringbeans share two songs from their recording session in California:
- “Back to Paradise”
- We also thank them for providing our instrumental interlude music for this episode!
- Loretta Vinson shares her “This Old Guitar” story.
- Dave Seastrom tells us about the importance of clean water.
- We remember Bruce Kleg’s 2011 interview with the String Bean String Band.
Hosted by Dave Seastrom, Cari Ray, Pam Raider, Vera Grubbs, Chuck Wills, and Rick Fettig.
First aired Wednesday, July 1st, 2018 at 9 AM on WFHB
✄ Engineering & post-production by Chuck Wills.
✇ Theme music by Slats Klug & Friends.